First, get your own guitar, then get to know it better, pinch some chords, jingle a bit, then check out this list and get the apps that will give you the perfect hints, tricks and lessons.
- Tuner + is the app that gives one the start, because when it comes playing with some chords, it must start with a tune. Using it is a child’s play and in no time it can tune your Guitar, Bass, Banjo, Mandolin, Cello, Violin, Viola, or Ukulele. Tuner + can handle them all. Anyway, it cannot analyze the notes of your instrument; it just gives you a fast, easy and accurate way of tuning your instrument using your iPhone.
- Guitar Toolkit works like a bundle of guitar tools without which your guitar could not sound with the same precision. It includes a tuner, a precision metronome and a massive library of chords, scales and arpeggios and has support for 6-, 7- and 12-string guitar, 4-, 5- and 6-string bass, banjo, mandolin, and ukulele.
- Beginner Guitar Songs offers 900 free guitar lessons, starting from how to handle the guitar and how to tune it and ending with different song lessons. It integrates plenty of information and it will take you from zero to a guitar hero.
- Solo Guitar Lessons will make your guitar rock like a pro, even if it is an electric or an acoustic one. It integrates 900 free lessons, starting from guitar scales, blues chords and ending with guitar licks.
- MyGuitar challenges you to take your guitar lessons to the next level by playing almost any song using only 4 chords. It can reproduce acoustic and electric sounds and enables you to rock the neighborhood by plugging your device into a system. You can also choose to play with your guitar’s chords in a distortion or in a shredder mode.
- Guitar World Lick of the Day can help one to improve its guitar skills and technique. It has a metronome and a practice mode that can control tempo, looping and the audio synthesis. It can also help players to place their fingers on the chords.
- Ultimate Guitar Tabs HD is a subscription based application that gives you access to 400,000 Tabs including guitar, bass and drum from Ultimate-Guitar.com’s database.
- GarageBand is the must-have app for every music lover. It gives you the possibility to play songs as you could not play them with a real instrument. One can play an iPad, iPhone or iPad Touch and sound like any real instrument, such as guitar, drum, bass, pianos and so on.