Phillip Lechter when visiting Arizona state took a cycle rickshaw and met with an accident, in the result of which his new smartphone from Apple bent and inflamed.
According to his words, he didn’t understand at once, what smaelt of smoke. But he felt burning on his leg.
He managed to take the smartphone out from a pocket. A leather case protected his fingers.
However, he discovered a burn where the leg adjoined the screen of the iPhone. Later, in the hospital, his skin injures were classified as a second-degree burn.
The man illustrated his history with several photos and a video, he made on the place of accident.
The next day Lechter brought the burned-out smartphone to one of the Apple stores. His device was replaced.
Lechter said to journalists he loves Apple devices, uses them for many years and is going to use in the future. However, he demanded some explanation from the company.
A a child might have been on his place. In this case the same situation might have been very dangerous:
“If a child or teenager was riding their bike, had their phone on them, they fell and hurt themselves and couldn’t get the phone out of their pocket, what kind of situation are we in there now… they need to make sure they protect the public. Because I always used the case to protect the phone, I didn’t know I needed a case to protect myself” he said.
There are still no official Apple comments on this incident.
Soon after first iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users found out, their smartphones can bend in trousers’ pocket, it got a tag #Bendgate, with which people mark not only their complaints, but jockes as well.